A Mission Is A Privilege Not A Sacrifice

 


South Zones Conference 


One thing that surprises me about serving another mission that shouldn't is how much I am learning and how much the young missionaries are teaching me. I am constantly being inspired to do something different or better by the things they say.  I like to write down their quotes and refer to them later.  My favorite this week was from a missionary who is in his last transfer before going home.  He said 

A mission is a privilege not a sacrifice.  

I whole heartily agree.  This week we had the privilege of attending zone conference.  We learned from the new Preach My Gospel and had great training from Pres. and Sister Carter.  After a lovely lunch, our housing missionary, Sister Scott and her husband once again entertained us as they taught us how to clean a bathroom.  This is Elder Scott preparing to clean......



Our week was busy with our usual activities which include visiting members, helping in the Family Search Center, and going to the temple.  We also tend to do a lot of service in our ward.   This week I caught Elder Prater on camera as he was watering the plants for a sister in our ward.  


We didn't really take a P-day this week but did sneak in a couple of walks- one to Jack's Pond Park 






and another to the beach


We have spent some time just serving and visiting with the residents of our apartment complex which is 55+.   Because there has been senior missionaries living here before us that were amazing examples, the residents already love us when they see our name tags.  We try to join as many activities as we can and help serve when that is possible.  I made lemon squares one day which I passed out to whoever was hanging out.  We try to memorize everyone's name which is hard!  There are so many opportunities here for us to serve and invite others to come unto Christ right where we live!

Of course I have to mention our newest taco tasting at Tacos Alex.  The sisters missionaries told us about this place when we finally made it there this week we were not disappointed.  The horchata was the best I have tasted since being here!  The menu is simple.  I had the carne asada and al pastor, and Joe had the lengua.  These tacos were amazing!  We will definitely visit again. 





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rough Week- My Brother Passed Away Unexpectedly

Saying Good Bye For Now To Glenn

Tranfer Week- We Moved