The Mission Continues Even As We Grieve

 It has been just over a week that we lost my brother.  During that week we have had moments of grief but also moments of love and laughter.   In the New Testament, before Jesus raised Lazarus from the dead, he wept.  Even though he knew he would be performing a miracle that would rise up Lazarus from the dead he still wept.  I know that I will see my brother again, and I know the atonement of Jesus Christ is very real.  Still I weep.  And at random times, I will continue to weep but I will feel my Savior's love, peace and comfort. 

Glenn's funeral is still a couple of weeks away and I am looking forward to spending time with my other siblings as we honor his life.  We have been sharing pictures and we will soon be sharing stories of our lives together.  This is love.  This is good.  This is how we deal with our grief. 







Another way that we deal with our grief is by serving.  We started out our Monday with helping Elder and Sister Scott and Elder Kearsley, refresh an apartment for a trio of sister missionaries.  They had won this refresh at zone conference.  We worked hard all day, scrubbing down bathrooms and kitchen, cleaning carpets, washing walls and windows, polishing the cabinets.  It was a long, hard, but fun day!  We loved working side by side with these excellent missionaries. 





The lucky sister missionaries- Clawson, Bowers and Campbell


The work crew and the recipients- Elder and Sister Prater, Sister and Elder Scott, and Elder Kearsley

Family helps with grief.  We were able to met my niece and her husband at the Newport Beach Temple and attend together.  Such a privilege to be close by family while serving a mission. 

Spending time with our daughter, Lauren and her family was another way that we felt love and peace this week.  We met them in Anaheim and shared a couple of days together.  A great way to deal with grief. 










And spending time doing our usual activities and meetings was helpful.  These missionaries spread so much love and cheer!


Elder Nielsen, Sister Christiansen, Sister Johnson, Elder Barfuss, Elder Curzon, us and Elder Johansson. 

I am thankful for all of you who have sent messages of love and hope.  Truly we do mourn with those that mourn.  We love you all and are grateful for your love and support. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rough Week- My Brother Passed Away Unexpectedly

Saying Good Bye For Now To Glenn

Tranfer Week- We Moved