Saying Good Bye For Now To Glenn

 There is a scripture in D&C 89:20 which states-

Therefore, in the ordinances thereof, the power of godliness is manifest.

To me this means that when we participate in the ordinances of the gospel of Jesus Christ and make sacred covenants with our Heavenly Father he will show his power in our lives.  Namely the power of the atonement of his son, Jesus Christ.  As stated in Alma 7:11-12, Christ's atonement covers pains, afflictions, and temptations of every kind and he loosed the bands of death both temporally and spiritually.  

Because of the covenants that I have made and kept, I have seen the power of godliness manifested in my life and the lives of my loved ones in the past week as we came together to temporarily say good-bye to my brother, Glenn. 

We celebrated Glenn's life in several ways- by getting together as siblings whenever possible during the weekend, with a graveside service with family and friends on Friday and the dedication of his grave with his siblings on Saturday.  My brother and his wife were married in Hawaii and he loved nature so during the weekend we wore hawaiian attire in his honor. 

These are my siblings in order of age at Glenn's graveside, just my sister- Joyce is missing. Annette, Brian, Dard, Gordon, myself and Gail. 

Jean, Glenn's wife, put together a very nice graveside service.  Their good friend, Jonathon Starr conducted the service.  My oldest brother, Brian and my youngest sister, Gail gave some wonderful and funny memories of Glenn.  Jean had a few different pictures on the front of the printed program. 




There were many of Glenn's and Jean's friends at the graveside, many that I had never met.  We all love them both and it was a wonderful way to honor him. A good-bye hula was performed, so sweet.  My good friend, Marianne Hansen came just to support me.  It was a hard but sweet good-bye. 







After the graveside, we all gathered at Leisure Village for a luncheon.  Jean shared some of her memories and she had a whole wall of pictures for everyone to enjoy. 





The next day with just my siblings, Jean and her sister we met at the graveside where under the direction of Bishop Dan Stirling, Brian dedicated Glenn's grave.  Glenn is now resting next to my parents until the resurrection.  

Afterwards we gathered at Jean's house to eat some of the left overs from the previous day's meal.  Here we were able to tell more stories and adventures of Glenn.  He loved to traveled and always owned a RV- several different ones throughout his life.  He and Jean have traveled all over the world.  Glenn had a great sense of humor.  He liked to call my twin nephews- Scott and Steve- Snot and Sleeve- he said they go together! In my eyes, Glenn has always been cool and very handsome. 

brothers' Brian and Gordon 

Older sister Annette and her husband, Dave 

During the rest of the weekend some of us siblings rented a couple of beach houses in Oxnard where we could gather together with some of our children.  We could see the beach from the rooftop of our rental house and just down the street was a beach that the sea lions to gather.  Each morning there would be between 50-100 sea lions swimming, fishing, wrestling and making alot of noise near the harbor.  We enjoyed watching them.  We made many new memories this weekend as we celebrated Glenn and relived old memories.  I love Glenn and look forward to the day that I can see him again. 












Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rough Week- My Brother Passed Away Unexpectedly

Tranfer Week- We Moved