Another Week Flies By

 


What do I always want to remember that I learned this week?  In my scripture study this week I was reading in the Book of Mormon-  

Jacob: 71 And the Lord of the vineyard said unto them: Go to, and alabor in the vineyard, with your might. For behold, this is the blast time that I shall cnourish my vineyard; for the end is nigh at hand, and the season speedily cometh; and if ye labor with your might with me ye shall have joy in the fruit which I shall lay up unto myself against the time which will soon come.

72 And it came to pass that the servants did go and labor with their mights; and the Lord of the vineyard labored also with them; and they did obey the commandments of the Lord of the vineyard in all things.

I realized that God is talking about my husband and myself.  We are the servants laboring in his vineyard and we are having joy in the fruit. 

A couple of Sundays ago, during the sacrament I was praying that we as missionaries could be more diligent in following God's will in who we need to visit.  I wrote down a couple of names that came to my mind.  One was a sister that we met, who because of health reasons hadn't been to church since she moved to this ward during Covid.  We had visited her and introduced her wonderful ministering sisters to her.  During the summer, her health failed so much that she spent most of the summer in the ICU and a rehab facility.  Because she had amazing ministering sisters we didn't feel the need to visit her as much once she came home and was doing better.  

One thing that she had told me after returning home was she had been very ill, lost memory of a few days and almost died.  She knew that God had spared her for a reason and there was something more she needed to do.  At the time she told me, I had no idea what more she needed to do. 

After getting the prompting to visit her, I called her that afternoon to check on her but she wasn't available.  I texted her the next morning that I had some soup to share with her and still didn't make contact, so I called her again that afternoon just in time to be able to run over and take the soup.  As we visited with her, she mentioned she was trying to read Revelations and we offered to come over weekly and study it with her.  During our first weekly study time, I came to realized that she had not been endowed in the temple nor sealed to her deceased husband.  She readily agreed that preparing and going to the temple was what more she was here for.  She is such a sweet sister and we love her very much.  Her health has improved so much, she feels up to attending church.  She is anxious to begin preparing.  I am so happy that we followed the prompting to visit someone we thought didn't need our help and yet God knew better. 


We continue to enjoy pickle ball and met someone new this week to play with.



The last couple of Sundays, we have had the privilege of attending church with our son and granddaughter.  I love that God sent us on a mission where our children live.  He is so good to us. 


One more tender mercy this week- Elder Prater and I have been pretty much staying away from sugar for the past few months (but not tacos!).  This whole time that we haven't been indulging in sugar I have said that I was looking forward to bending the rule and having chocolate cake on my birthday.  So many times in the grocery store would we pass the cakes and I would mention I was waiting for my birthday.  Well my birthday is coming up within a week.  We were invited over to a member's home for dinner.  She had saw in the Relief Society announcements that my birthday was soon, so she went home and baked me a delicious chocolate cake!!!!  Just exactly what I had talked about for months.  I enjoyed every bite and feel so loved.   


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Saying Good Bye For Now To Glenn

We Are Done

Full, Fun Week